*WE DO NOT OFFER MICROBLADING*
BEFORE & AFTERCARE
(Please read the Faq's page as well prior to scheduling)
*Only the client is allowed in the procedure room*
PERMANENT MAKEUP & MICRO-NEEDLING WILL NOT BE PERFORMED IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, NURSING or TRYING!!!!
If you are late for your appointment you will be rescheduled. (No exceptions)
So please plan accordingly if you are traveling from out of town. Our scheduling is very structured and we
cannot run behind.
Arrive 15 min. early to fill out paperwork.
Thank you for your understanding.
OUT OF STATE CLIENTS:
Please keep in mind that even if an appointment is scheduled, there is the possibility that an unforeseen issue that was not identified in the photo
or questionnaire may result in Mary not being able to perform the procedure.
*Make sure you purchase Travel Insurance*
(WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CLIENTS EXPENSES IF AN UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES, ILLNESS, WEATHER, SKIN CONDITIONS OR THE LIKE ARISES)
(For example: Blemishes in or around the area)
If you show up and the appointment is canceled, you will forfeit your $50 deposit and will be required to secure a new appointment with another deposit.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ
WHEN YOU COME IN THE OFFICE, YOU WILL HAVE TO FILL OUT NEW CLIENT PAPERWORK. IF YOU ARRIVE, AND I KNOW YOU HAVE TAKEN MOOD ALTERING MEDICATIONS OR THERE-LIKE I WILL CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT. IF YOU ARE TAKING LEGALLY PRESCRIBED MEDICINES, PLEASE TAKE THEM AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE AS YOU NEED TO BE IN A CLEAR STATE OF MIND.
If you are required to be on antibiotics prior to any type of procedure, a Dr's clearance letter will be required. If you show up to the appt. w/o this clearance, your appointment will be canceled and rescheduled to another available day. You will forfeit your deposit and be required to place a new deposit for the new appointment.
Y0U CANNOT HAVE A TAN ON YOUR FACE AT TIME OF APPOINTMENT OR YOU WILL BE RESCHEDULED. PIGMENTS WILL HEAL DARKER IN TAN SKIN. TAN SKIN BLEEDS THEREFORE PIGMENT WILL NOT TAKE AND WILL LOOK BLURRED. EVEN AFTER THEY ARE HEALED, SUN EXPOSURE WILL CAUSE THE TATTOO TO DARKEN AS YOUR SKIN DARKENS AND THIS CANNOT BE LIGHTENED. IT IS RECOMMENDED TO KEEP OUT OF THE SUN.
DO NOT TWEEZE, WAX OR THREAD FOR 7 DAYS PRIOR
IF YOU SHOW UP TO YOUR APPOINTMENT AND ARE CANCELED DUE TO BEING TOO TAN(to Mary's standard), YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY THE FEE FOR THAT DAY AND A DEPOSIT FOR THE NEW APPOINTMENT. IT IS RECOMMENDED TO STAY OUT OF THE SUN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
AND 30 DAYS AFTER.
*CANNOT BE Pregnant, nursing, or trying to get pregnant
Must wait 6 months after delivery & 6 months after nursing before you can have the procedure done.
Botox should be performed 3 weeks before or 3 weeks after the procedure.
No chemical peels or lasers 60 days prior and must wait 60 days after
(avoiding the forehead is recommended).
IF YOU DO FREQUENT PEELS AND LASERSTHE BROWS WILL FADE QUICKER DUE TO THE CHEMICALS TRAVELING UNDER THE SKIN.
Retinols/Retin-A's, other anti-aging creams or serums containing acids WILL fade your permanent makeup prematurely EVEN AFTER IT IS HEALED.
You must be OFF all Retinols/Retina-A 30 days prior to appt. If not the area will bleed and pigment will not heal properly. If you resume the retinols, your brows WILL fade quickly due to the chemicals in the creams.
Your appt. will not be moved any sooner.
If you bleach your eyebrows, it is recommended not to have this procedure done. The chemicals WILL bleach the hair & the pigment as well.
If you are knowingly under the influence of drugs or any mood altering drugs/medications
(ie: Prozac, Xanex, Valium or there-like)
YOU WILL BE CANCELED AND RESCHEDULED!
If you have had Permanent Makeup previously done and fail to tell us, Mary WILL refuse service and your
deposit will be forfeited.
NO LASH/BROW GROWTH SERUMS ON BROWS AT ALL
60 DAYS PRIOR AND IT NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE ON THE BROWS AT ALL AFTERWARDS
If there are any blemishes, pimples, active cold sores, irritation of the skin of any kind,
moles, bruises or other skin imperfections IN or AROUND the area of the procedure, Mary WILL NOT be able to do the procedure until the blemish or area of concern are completely healed or the mole is removed and healed. If you run your finger through your brows and there is a bump, Mary WILL NOT
do the procedure.
If you show up to the appointment and there is an area of concern, you will be rescheduled to the next available appointment (typically months out) and
forfeit your deposit for the appointment time lost. A new deposit will be required to reschedule.
You ARE NOT a good candidate if you have LARGE pores or Oily/Severely Oily Skin, your results WILL appear softer/solid or powdered looking.
SEE THE FAQS PAGE & SCHEDULING PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON CLIENTS THAT ARE NOT GOOD CANDIDATES FOR THE HAIR STROKE TECHNIQUE.
General Rules for ALL Procedures
EXERCISE (ADDENDUM REQUIRED)
If you work out regularly (5-7 days a week), your eyebrows WILL fade very fast due to the production of salt/sweat. Salt is used to remove permanent makeup. Appointments will not be moved earlier if you have premature fading due to lifestyle. They WILL appear more powdered or blurred under the skin as well. If you are not ok with this, then you should not have the procedure done. Mary reserves the right to refuse future services if she feels the results wont be to the clients satisfaction.
YOU CANNOT HAVE A TAN 30 DAYS BEFORE & ABSOLUTELY NO SUN 30 DAYS AFTER (This means you cannot go out in sun with a hat and glasses on, this means no SUN or HEAT FOR 30 AFTER at all. If you resume tanning, the results will fade quickly, heal darker, fade super fast or not retain at all. Mary will not see you any sooner than your routine scheduled appt. If you ruin the results by going out in the sun too soon, Mary may not be able to work on you in the future.
MARY WILL CANCEL YOUR APPT. IF YOU SHOW UP WITH A TAN (A tan to Mary's standards). TAN SKIN BLEEDS, HEALS POORLY AND COLORS WILL NOT HEAL PROPERLY. NO EXCEPTIONS.
There is NO GUARANTEE'S made as to the final outcome. Your skin, lifestyle and after care play a huge roll in YOUR results. EVERYONE heals differently. Not everyone is a candidate for the Hair Stroke procedure. There may be other contraindications not listed and your appt. may be canceled. This is left up to Mary's discretion and she will be totally honest with you.
Some residual swelling is normal for ALL procedures. Most swelling occurs on day 2/3. A needle was placed in your skin, there WILL be swelling, how much is individualized.
Some clients may have minimal swelling some may
have a lot..this is individualized.
The area may appear uneven, dry, itchy, tender, red & irritated. This is all 100% normal. DO NOT PICK. These symptoms will dissipate each day and vary
on an individual basis.
Color WILL fade/soften anywhere from 10% to 50% or more. At the touch up we will fine tune any area that has faded too much. Healing is specific to each client. It is important to realize that you will need a color boost every 2 yrs to maintain it's fresh natural appearance. Fading WILL happen after each procedure. We do not have control over your bodies healing process. You may need still to powder and/or pencil even after the healed results. This is an enhancement to your natural brows....not a permanent one. At some point you will no longer be able to have your brows done. Each time a procedure is performed, scar tissue is made. This is universal. The pigment will take less and less each time. This is a fact.
Due to the build up of scar tissue, touch ups will not be done any sooner than 2 yrs. after the 1st touch-up.
If you are a client who had previous PMU(done prior to Mary) or laser removal and Mary did a procedure on you, you are grandfathered in. At any time Mary may decide future procedures are not advisable and release you. Your touch up will be every 2 yrs. If they fade more than you like, it is ok to pencil or powder until your scheduled appt. This is an enhancement and will NEVER BE A PERMANENT SOLUTION. At some point permanent makeup will no longer be an option. Mary at any time will determine if future appointments will be done or if you are no longer a candidate.
If you are out in the sun a lot, have oily skin, use anti-aging creams, retinA/retinol products, acidic cleansers, natural elements, regular chemical peels, or exercise frequently, your permanent makeup WILL fade prematurely. The better you take care of the treated area and follow the
provided aftercare, the longer it will last.
Permanent Makeup is an art, NOT a science. Clients results will vary and using a pencil or powder may still be needed. We have no control over your bodies healing process and each time a procedure is done, the pigment will have less retention due to scar tissue.
As we age our skin changes. The permanent makeup WILL eventually look more powdered, this is universal with all permanent makeup procedures. At some point, we may no longer be able to do perform services.
Remember, no two sides of the face are the same. Perfection is our goal, but, note that nothing is PERFECT. We do not use the "P" word when doing Permanent Makeup.
Sisters, NOT twins is used universally in this field.
Absolutely No Water on them, Sun, Sweating, Exercise or Exertion of any kind prior to the procedure or after the procedure for 2 weeks. NO SUN 30 DAYS PRIOR & 30 DAYS AFTER THE PROCEDURE. 1 DAY WILL RUIN THE RESULTS IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE 2 WEEK AFTERCARE PROTOCOL. Do DOT have a tan/sunburn on your face prior to your procedure. The tan will exfoliate taking color with it as it fades & will also heal the pigment darker than expected. Tan skin bleeds. Can Heal darker than expected. If you show up to your appointment with a TAN/SUNBURN, you will be required to reschedule and your deposit will be forfeited. The determination if you are too tan will be up to Mary's discretion.
Do not work out the day of the procedure as the body heat expands the pores. It is recommended not to sweat for the first 14 days after the procedure. Sweat is salt and WILL prematurely fade, blur or cause the pigment not to take at all.
- Avoid direct shower water on the treated area after the procedure. Absolutely NOTHING on the treated area..no water, no makeup, lotions, pencil....etc. for 14 days....Avoid scrubbing the treated area for at least 1 month.
- Do NOT take Aspirin, Fish Oil, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 72 hrs prior to your procedure. Tylenol is fine.
- Avoid sleeping on your face during the 1st 14 days after the procedure.
- You have to be off Accutane for 1 year. NO Exceptions!
- You may not be a good candidate if you have Severely Oily Skin, your results WILL appear softer (eyebrows can look more powdered instead of like hair strokes).
- Dark Skin types please note that your permanent makeup will not appear as bold as lighter skin types. (Indian, African American, Filipino, etc.) It will look more solid/powdered due to having a darker skin color in the background.
- Avoid alcohol or caffeine the day before & prior to the procedure, this will minimize any oozing/bleeding or swelling after the procedure.
- Smoking WILL cause the pigment to fade prematurely and anesthetics will not last as long.
- Getting a procedure while on your menstrual cycle can make you hyper-sensitive at the procedure site.
- No swimming until the area is completely healed, salt water/chlorine WILL cause the pigments to fade or change in color. It is recommended to apply the Vaseline to the treated area/s prior to swimming even after healed to prevent the chlorine water/salt water from penetrating the area.
- Only touch the treated areas with squeaky clean hands during the healing process.
- DO NOT RUB, SCRATCH OR PICK AT THE TREATED AREA. Let any scabbing, flaking or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring or infection.
- Plan on scheduling your touch-up within the first 6-12 months.
- NO Sun-Tanned Skin (Mary will not do the procedure if you come in with a tan, (No exceptions)Tan skin bleeds & is hard to determine pigment color.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING YOUR APPTS. Confirmation calls are not guaranteed.
- IF THE AFTER CARE IS NOT FOLLOWED PROPERLY, MARY WILL KNOW AND IT WILL BE UP TO HER DISCRETION IF SHE WILL CONTINUE TO WORK ON YOU IN THE FUTURE. THE IS AN INVESTMENT IN YOUR FACE AND THE AFTER CARE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE PROCEDURE.
- If you like, you come to your appointment with your eyebrows penciled the way you like them. Bring your colored pencil of choice.
- If you get your eyebrows waxed or tinted, please have this done at least 7 days prior to your scheduled procedure. It is recommended to wait at least 10 days to have them waxed & 30 days for tinting after the procedure.
- Regular makeup can be worn immediately after your procedure, just not on the treated area until healed. Absolutely NOTHING on the brows..No Water...no makeup, lotions, pencil....etc. for 14 days. A sealant will be applied immediately after the procedure. You can begin applying the Grapeseed Oil after 72hrs. to the eyebrows in the am OR pm...a thin layer for the remaining 11 days.
- NO VASELINE AT ALL!
- The eyebrows WILL appear bolder immediately after the procedure. This is common in all Permanent Makeup applications...it will begin to soften up typically within 3-30 days. When choosing a color, it is recommended to go lighter until we see the healed results... we can always go darker at the touch up....WE cannot go lighter.
- Hair strokes WILL appear crisp and bold at first, but WILL soften up in appearance as the tissue heals. The area will shed taking some color with it...this is normal. The area will begin to oxidize and darken over the 1st month.
- DO NOT PICK!!!!!
- It is very common to have areas fade more so than others..this is part of the healing process and will be treated at the recommended touch up appointment. Previously done eyebrows may take 1-3 treatments to achieve the desired result. Scar tissue in the brow area of eyebrows done multiple times WILL require additional procedures and fees will apply.
- Red heads, blonds & fair skin types WILL experience more swelling, redness and fading than darker skin types.
- Clients with darker skin (Indian, African American, Filipino, etc.), Please know that the Hair Strokes WILL NOT appear as defined or as dark as lighter skin types due to the skin color already being naturally darker.
- When you leave the office your hair strokes are intact. That is the job of the technician. There ARE NO GUARANTEES made as to how your body will heal them. If they fade, blur or not take good, that is the result of YOUR skin, your lifestyle....not a result of the technique or the technician. NO one knows how the clients skin will heal. This is a potential risk all clients take when consenting to this procedure. NOT everyone is a candidate for this procedure.
If you have had your original Permanent Makeup done by me, and you choose to go elsewhere for touch-ups because you failed to maintain your appt., please note that I will no longer do future treatments on you. I stay extremely busy and it is recommended to schedule your appointments
well in advance.